Looking to draft guidance reflective of the needs of taxpayers entitled to claim Inflation Reduction Act energy credits, the Internal Revenue Service has issued six notices asking for comments.
Input is wanted on different aspects of extensions and enhancements of energy tax benefits. By notice, comments are requested on:
- Notice 2022-46, credits for clean vehicles.
- Notice 2022-47, energy security tax credits for manufacturing.
- Notice 2022-48, incentive provisions for improving energy efficiency of residential and commercial buildings.
- Notice 2022-49, certain energy generation incentives.
- Notice 2022-50, elective payment of applicable credits and transfer of certain credits.
- Notice 2022-5, prevailing wage, apprenticeship, domestic content and energy community requirements.
To provide feedback, follow instructions in the notices. Deadline is Nov. 4.
The request for comments is part of the Treasury Department’s effort to fast-track the rules from the Inflation Reduction Act (see story).
This article was originally published by Accountingtoday.com. Read the original article here.